Phoenix House Welcome Center Specialist in United States
The Welcome Center Specialist will respond to inquiries; obtain inquiry information, schedule and confirm assessments/appointments; follow-up on missed appointments; maintain medical record database (Welligent). The Welcome Center Specialist will provide excellent customer service to all callers seeking information regarding treatment services from Phoenix House programs. The primary goal is to schedule an in-person assessment with the assessment team to determine what level of care is needed to appropriately treat the client or to refer the client to an appropriate resource in the community in a timely, courteous and effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answer calls in a courteous, clear and empathetic manner. Return any missed calls in a timely manner.
• Provide callers with up-to-date information regarding Phoenix House programing offerings and locations.
• Complete telephone initial screening questionnaire in compliance with DCF requirements to identify potential services.
• Schedule assessments with the appropriate assessment team member and populate the information on the assessment calendar. Follow-up on missed appointments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form, and interact with staff, clients, funding agencies, insurance agencies and contractors.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and discern who has a need to know sensitive data or information
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively on a team in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to instill and maintain a strong customer service environment and a sense of professionalism within a stressful environment
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• High comfort level with technology, including proficiency in MS Office products
• Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with clients and callers
• Excellent organizational skills
• Flexibility regarding schedule
• High School diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
• Two years of experience providing customer service in in a telephonic or in-person environment
• Phone crisis management experience preferred
• Experience in the substance use field preferred
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled