Phoenix House Program Assistant in Venice, California
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Phoenix House Venice Beach provides residential and outpatient services for adult men who struggle with alcohol, marijuana, and other substance use disorders. Our evidence-based treatment approach delivers a superior level of care focusing on strength to meet each person’s unique needs.
Group therapy, individual counseling, and a variety of other wellness focused services are offered to those who are striving to overcome addiction, reunite with family, and live a life free from addiction. A wide range of group sessions are offered that address recovery dynamics, relapse prevention, life skills, trauma, and anger management.
At Phoenix house, we empower people to experience their personal strengths and help them discover new ways to manage the mental, physical, and emotional aspects of addiction so they can live a better life.
(Full-Time) Reporting to the Program Director, the Program Assistant will provide support and assist with office management functions for Director and Admission Clinicians. This role requires the Program Assistant to open patient charts upon admission and perform data entries into various EMR systems consisting of SAGE, Welligent and ARMS. This position also answers phones and takes messages as appropriate to schedule assessments.
• Monday – Friday, 9:00AM – 5:30PM
This role requires the Program Assistant to open patient charts upon admission and perform data entries into various EMR systems consisting of SAGE, Welligent and ARMS. Delivery of superior customer service skills and ability to exercise unconditional positive regard to all patients, visitors and fellow employees
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
• Three(3) years office management experience required
• Basic computer knowledge and application skills required
• Understanding of basic computer applications
• Adherence to professional ethics and conduct
• Sound customer service skills
• Ability & willingness to report to work on time & ready for work on each scheduled day.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to make decisions independently and communicate effectively when dealing with clients, families, other staff members, department heads, visitors, external agencies and community members.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with appropriate documentation skills to complete reports, utilize data and communicate ideas constructively.
• Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with client/patients of Phoenix House.
• Strong crisis management, conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
• Must show aptitude for working as part of a team.
• Must maintain a valid CA Drivers’ License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled