Phoenix House Outpatient Clinician in Lake View Terrace, California
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
We are continually striving to achieve positive outcomes and to ensure that we are helping build healthier communities. Our collective efforts are designed to ultimately lead our patients towards living a healthy, active, and purposeful life, free from addiction.
Phoenix House Lake View Terrace provides residential and outpatient services to teens who struggle with alcohol, marijuana, and other substance use disorders. Our evidence-based treatment approach delivers a superior level of care by focusing on strength to meet each person’s unique needs.
Patients in the residential program attend a fully-accredited on-site high school while receiving comprehensive treatment including individual, group, and family counseling, cultural and recreational activities, and life skill training. We also offer outpatient and intensive outpatient day treatment to teens ages 13-20. Youth and family counseling is also available in local high schools to service communities of the Northwest San Fernando Valley.
At Phoenix house, we empower people to experience their personal strengths and help them discover new ways to manage the mental, physical, and emotional aspects of addiction so they can live a better life.
((Full-Time) Reporting to the Outpatient Program Manager, the Outpatient Clinician provides individual therapy, treatment planning, case management, client advocacy, group counseling, and crisis intervention. Provides, coordinates and arranges for therapy services for a Phoenix House program for outpatient and residential treatment services. Coordinates services with the clinical treatment teams. Responsible for assuring the upholding of regulations established by the Department of Social Services for the State of California, local governments; and aligning services with the vision and shared values of Phoenix House
• Variable – Daytime, Evening, and Weekend
• AMFT or ACSW with current California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) Registration required.
• LMFT or LCSW highly preferred (must maintain licensure as a condition of employment).
• Bilingual Spanish Preferred
• Minimum experience of 1 year or more with DMH documentation
• Experience working in an (adolescent) co-occurring residential treatment setting.
• Knowledge and experience in the delivery of Evidenced Based Trained/Certified in MAP, TF-CBT, SS
• One or more years counseling experience which include providing assessments or admissions for substance abuse or mental health services, preferably with adolescents
• Proficiency in MS Office products and experience utilizing web-based programs.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Therapeutic Community treatment modality or chemical dependency services experience is preferred.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ability to establish and consistently enforce appropriate boundaries with clients.
• Ability to model positive behavior.
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills with adolescents, team members, parents and external constituents.
• Must maintain a valid CA Drivers’ License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy.
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled