Phoenix House Senior Counselor I A in Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Phoenix House is looking for a Part-Time CASAC Vocational Counselor for our residential treatment program in our Ronkonkoma location. We provide group and individual counseling, cultivate resources related to vocational/education/employment, and provide secondary oversight and monitoring of patients in a residential setting. Develop and execute recreational activities with other team members. Candidate should be comfortable driving a passenger van to transport patients to recreational activities.
Work Schedule: Monday, Wednesday and Friday's: 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
• Evaluate patient readiness for employability as well as the impact of any disabilities on employability.
• Develop and implement group and individual interventions to promote pre and post-employment skills.
• Collaborate with community resources related to employment.
• Develop employment leads.
• Transporting patients in a passenger van to recreational activities (15% travel).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• CASAC or degree in social services or related field (ex: Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Certified Rehabilitation Counselor)
• Experience assisting individuals with employment related goals and knowledge of employment related community resources in a chemical dependency.
• Experience developing and executing recreational activities and in working with chemical dependency patients in a residential setting.
• Understands the aspects of human development, income related entitlements/programs, community resources and employment development.
Phoenix House conducts job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled