Phoenix House Vocational Counselor in Brentwood, New York
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Phoenix House is looking for a Part-Time CASAC Vocational Counselor for our program in our Brentwood location.
Work Schedule: 3 days per week: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
15% of travel required
• Evaluate client readiness for employment, identify barriers and strengths relating to employment.
• Develop and implement group and individual strategies to enhance future employment.
• Collaborate within the community to build a network of future employment for PROS clients.
• Facilitate groups on pre-active employment as well as groups that promote motivation and self-esteem.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• CASAC or degree in social services or related field (ex: Social Work, Mental Health Counseling,Certified Rehabilitation Counselor)
• Experience assisting individuals with employment related goals and knowledge of employment related community resources.
• Experience developing and implementing recreational activities.
• An understanding of mental health, income related entitlements, community resources, resume developing, computer skills and related employment activities.
Phoenix House conducts job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled