Phoenix House Overnight Monitor in Brentwood, New York
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
Phoenix House is looking for a Part-Time Overnight Monitor for our Brentwood location. Work Schedule: Friday, 12 midnight - 8:00 a.m., Saturday, 12 midnight - 8:00 a.m., Monday, 4p.m. - 12 midnight.
• Awake overnight monitor to assist residents in medication monitoring.
• Respond to crises and emergencies as needed.
• Demonstrate empathy and respect for residents in all interactions while maintaining boundaries.
• Attend staff meetings and trainings, as required.
• Serve as a role model through positive, appropriate interactions.
• Demonstrate thoughtful decision-makings.
• Ensure client confidentiality in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum one (1) year experience working with Mental Health population
• Must be computer literate.
Phoenix House conducts background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law: Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled